This picture was taken of Katie back in April. Randy and I had driven 30 miles away just to go shopping at a Super Walmart(and to enjoy Happy Hour at the Sonic in the same parking lot:)). We got all the way there and realized that we left Katie's wheelchair in the garage! So, we grabbed a cart... piled in all the blankets we had... even used my purse to help prop her up... and Katiebug got to ride in the cart like a big girl! She LOVED the bumpy ride and gave us many smiles. She even didn't mind when we started piling groceries around her!

This picture was at the end of June when Emily and Maddie were on their trip to visit Stacia in Arizona. I took Ellie and Katie on a "date" for ice cream and then a little shopping trip to Joann's. We had so much fun just being the 3 of us!

I remember, a long time ago, thinking... "How do I go grocery shopping with Katie and Ellie with NO big girls to help me push either the cart or Katiebug's wheelchair?" But I did it anyways and ended up loving it! I loved that Katie made the craziest noises and I loved that people would stare. I would just smile back at them, not really caring what they were thinking. Most times I ended up pushing Katie in the front and then pulling the cart with Ellie and the groceries behind me. Those were the best times because they usually ended with Ellie crying, throwing a huge fit in the cart... while Katie laughed with a beaming smile!
Now, when I go grocery shopping I feel lost. How am I supposed to go grocery shopping with 2 hands? And it is so strange being able to load the groceries into the back of the van where Katiebug's wheelchair once sat. I hate that the back of the van is empty... but I know I can't change it. All I can do is move on and let these new adjustments make their way into our home.
1 comment:
Lady...you are a super mommy! Then and now. That will always be a sweet memory you have. Katie's face was so filled with joy. Life was good for her...thanks to you!
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments or stories here or email them to Jamee or Christina to be posted as a separate entry on Katie's Blog!